Thursday, April 16, 2009

Orchard time for Micah the Wallaby

Hello! We released Micah our wallaby (See previous posts!) into a big orchard in late February, and then visited him about a month later, this was who we saw! A lovely grown up boy! We are now preparing to release him this coming Saturday, I am so excited! He has been with another wallaby boy, Beanie, which another carer raised. At first Micah would quickly run away when they saw each other- he had never seen another one of his kind since his mother in October so I suppose it was fair enough! They seem to get along alright now, last time I went down Micah was grooming Beanie so I think there is some brotherly love there!!We hope they help each other out on Saturday! I've also added a picture that was taken in about November...for a bit of size comparison!

No comments: