Saturday, June 18, 2011

A boy leaves and two girls weep?

As expected when my partner left to go overseas for 6 weeks last week, I shed a little tear or 60 as I squashed my face against the cold, 6am, airport window.  But what was happening in the back of my car in the parking lot?

I don't know if I am misreading her now, or if I thoroughly misjudged their connection a week ago but little Stella is down in the dumps.  

R departed after living with Stella for about 6 weeks, I am really the primary carer, he was busy and not around as much but, she never play bit him like she did me, she always sat at his feet to be patted and only had to hear him turn in bed to go and wait at the closed bedroom door after we returned from our morning walk.  Sure, strong signs of respect from one very little girl, to one very tall man.  

We headed off to the farm after R left, Stella ran,dived into creeks and rolled in mud.  It seems like reality has hit us both now we're home and he is not. Melancholic would be the best way to describe her, a dreamy look in her eyes and a half hearted lope after the frisbee he once threw- oh when will he come back?! 


I wonder, how long will it last? How will she react when he comes home? And oh, does she miss him as much as me?

2 comments:

yuri said...

I'm sorry to hear that R is away for a long time leaving two of you! I hope you and your pretty girl will survive the rest of the days! By the way, I was so surprised to see how mush the little girl has grown up for a short time! She is sooooooo beautiful ;> I'd love to see her someday!

Alouk said...

I would love you to meet her too Y!! R is back home safe and sound now which is fantastic! I hope you can come back to Australia soon!! xx